The value of the Migrantour network and intercultural walks led by migrant citizens has been recognized by international organizations and European institutions. From 2010 to the present, a number of multi-year projects have been co-funded that have enabled the development of our network, always including new cities, new countries and territories.
One of the main goals of our initiative is its economic and social sustainability over time. From the very beginning, we thought that Migrantour should not propose itself as a temporary project, but as a permanent activity, without its “expiration” tied to funds and financing. That is why we are proud of the fact that all network partners have committed themselves to continuing Migrantour walks even during the periods not supported by specific projects.
However, project phases funded by national and international public entities are essential for the creation of the itineraries, the training of intercultural escorts, and the strengthening of the structure of our network and exchanges between partners. Therefore, in this section of the website you can find all the information about the projects that have helped Migrantour grow:
- MygranTour: a European network of migrant driven intercultural routes to understand cultural diversity (years 2013-2015)
- Our Invisible Cities (years 2018-2019)
- New Roots – Migrantour intercultural walks building bridges for newcomers active participation (years 2018-2019)
- Rural Migrantour. Paths of Recovery (years 2021-2023)
- Migrantour Sustainable Routes (years 2021-2023)